Do you need a great way to store and organize receipts and small notes in your planner?
Want a way to boost the use of your planner by making it more functional yet maintain its pretty?
Find out how to make pretty envelopes for your planner! Super easy DIY project that you can do with only a few materials, a bit of time, and have creative fun.
What You Will Need to Make Pretty Envelopes for Your Planner:
1. 12 x 12″ Cardstock
3. Washi tape (or regular tape)
AGU 20 Rolls Washi Tape Set, Decorative Adhesive Tape for DIY Crafts,Beautify Bullet Journals ,PlannersLittleCraftCo Premium Washi Tape Set – 20 Rolls. Create Unique Decorative Crafts + Beautify Bullet Journals or Planners Easily! Variety of Foil, Rainbow Colors and Patterns For Kids & Scrapbooking!me & my BIG ideas WTT-13 Create 365 The Happy Planner Washi Tape Tube, Rose Planner Basics
4. Glue stick
5. Marker (optional)
6. Paper clip (optional)
Steps to Make Your Pretty Envelopes
- Select the 12 x 12″ cardstock that you would like to use for your pretty planner envelope.
2. Use a 6 x 9″ mailing envelope as a template.
3. Gently open up mailing envelope at its seams and lay out on cardstock.
4. Use a pencil to lightly trace the template onto cardstock.
5. Cut on traced lines. Save those paper trimmings! You can use those pieces in creative ways in your planners!
6. Optional: Draw light lines on cardstock where you plan to fold.
7. Fold cardstock along seams (two vertical on sides and one seam on bottom). Use a ruler (or other straight surface) to press the seam and flatten.
8. Use ruler again to make sure seams are flat.
9. Use a glue stick to apply a thin line of glue to outer edge of one vertical side. Overlap the other side and press to adhere.
10. Use glue stick on bottom seam of the envelope. Fold bottom side up and press to adhere.
11. To make your envelope even prettier, use a few pieces of washi tape to reinforce the seams.
12. Fold the top side down. You can use a piece of washi tape to keep envelope shut.
13. A paper clip can also be a great way to secure your pretty planner envelope.
14. Use a punch appropriate for your planner to place holes in the envelope on the side (or bottom). (Shown: my A5 Carpe Diem, Stella, with Recollections punch. Yes, I name my planners. They are like good friends.)
And there you have it! Rinse and repeat for as many pretty planner envelopes as you like! You can even make these envelopes to use outside of your planners. The possibilities are endless!
How will you use your DIY pretty planner envelopes?