Hello Squadettes, I am back on the blog today with something a little different. Today’s printable is this free printable Planner Note Pad. I am going to walk you through step by step to show you how to make it so you can use this in your planner.
What you will need to make this free planner note pad…
First off, lets talk about the supplies you will need to make this free planner note pad. The supplies are pretty basic but if you don’t have some supplies on hand, I will list some alternatives supplies you can use.
- 20 printed copies of the free printable note pad (the link for the download is at the bottom of this post)
- Bone folder (you can also use an old credit card)
- A pencil or something you can use to mark out measurements
- Ruler for measuring
- A craft knife for trimming the free printable note pad down to size (alternatively you can use scissors)
- 2 x thick card to make the back of the note pad (A5 = 5.8 cms wide by 18.7 cms in height. Personal size = 6.8 cms wide by 15.5 cms in height)
- 1 x coloured or patterned card stock (optional) (A5 = 17 cms wide by 21 cms in height. Personal size = 19 cms wide by 17.2 cms in height)
- PVA glue
- Hole punch (optional)
How To Make The Planner Note Pad
If you want to make your planner note pad look the same as pictured above, follow the instructions below. Measurements will vary depending on whether you are using the personal sized version or A5 size of of the free printable planner pad. The measurements for both personal size and A5 are noted above. The measurements can be changed according to your needs and, of course, you can choose to do something completely different. Feel free to be as creative as you like with this project!
1. Start by measuring and cutting your coloured card stock and thick card stock in accordance with measurements noted above. This will form the base of the planner note pad. The coloured card is folded in half and creased using a bone folder.
2. Next, print and cut the free printable planner note pad using the link below and cut them down to size using a ruler a craft knife.
3. Place each of the two planner note pads to the thick card stock making sure all the edges are flush and keep them together using two bulldog clips per planner note pad.
TIP: Place the bulldog clips as close to the top as possible as this will help the glue bonding process and ensure the papers stick together.
4. Apply a coat of PVA to the top rim of each planner note pad. This will keep the planner note pads together and create the gummy glue that you find on note books that you purchase from stationery store. Once glue has been applied, leave both planner note pads to dry thoroughly.
TIP: Don’t be afraid to be generous with the glue at this point. You do not want your planner note pad paper breaking away too easily.
5. Once the planner note pads are dry, attach them to the coloured card stock base. I used double sided tape for this part of the process but you could also use glue. Remember to hole punch the coloured card stock so you can place it inside your planner.
TIP: I suggest hole punching the colour card stock before attaching the planner note pads. Remember to keep the coloured card stock folded a you hole punch them to ensure both parts are hole punched. Hole punching the coloured card stock first will help you ensure the placement of the planner note pads is correct as you attach them. Attach the desired planner note pad to the front of the coloured card stock.
6. Attach the second planner note pad to the reverse of the coloured card stock and place it in your planner.
And, there you have it….
Your very own DIY planner note pad! You can place this at the front of your planner to use when needed. If you use the standard week on two pages and you find you have no where to jot down random thoughts or non-date specific tasks, then you could place this in-between your current week and use it at will.
Free Printable Planner Note Pad
This free printable planner note pad comes in personal size and A5. Both print files are designed to be printed on to A5 or A4 paper. This free printable planner note pad is not designed to be printed duplex. It is a one sided planner note pad.
Sharing is Caring!
Click on image below to download this free printable-and many more!
Just subscribe to Planner Squad!