Hey hey! I hope this Planner Girl 101 series has helped you gain a better understanding of what planning can do for you. Planning can be such a beneficial practice for all areas of your life.
So far in our Planner Girl 101 series, we have explored:
Next stop on our planner girl train is determining what is the best planner for you! All aboard! WooHoo!
Important Considerations for Finding the Best Planner
- Revisit Planner Squad’s What is Planning? post. Look at each type of planning. Is there one type that resonates with you? That really sticks out and interests you?
- How much time do you realistically have? Like it or not, some types of planning require a lot more time than others.
- What is your planning budget? There are some absolutely stunning planners out there! Plus, so many gorgeous colors, styles, and brands! Don’t forget when considering the best planner for you that you will want accessories-budget those goodies in, too!
- How will you be using your planner(s)? What is the proposed purpose of the planner? This step can be helpful but I will caution that I have bought planners with one purpose in mind, only to change how I use after a bit of use. Nonetheless, this consideration is important when looking to find the best planner.
- What is your personality type? How you function and take in information can be a huge impact on what type of planner will work best for you! I will be touching upon this topic very soon and would love your help in a research project! (Stay tuned for details!)
Take time to seriously consider all of these suggestions. As awesomely fun as planning is, it can get expensive and a tad overwhelming.
Once you have narrowed down what type of planner girl you may be (and it is okay to dabble in a few!), you will want to learn all that you can about the different planners available in each category.
Again, please do not let yourself get overwhelmed and jump ship before even starting! Planning is so worth it! Hang in there! With a little help from my friends (Squadettes!), here is a list of popular planners for each type of planning:)
Most Popular Planners for Each Type of Planning
Bullet Journals are super popular for functional planning. In fact, they are so popular that I created its own category (see below).
Traveler’s Notebooks are also great for a functional planner.
Webster’s Pages Color Crush Faux Leather Travelers’ Planner – 5.75Midori Traveler’s Notebook Journal Passport Size – BrownPASSION Vintage Handmade Refillable Leather Travelers Journals Diary geniune leather notebook diary notepad notebook handmade Traveler’s Notebook travels (12*21cm)
Create 365 Happy Planner – Botanical GardenNEW! Create 365 Happy Planner Planner Box Kit – Best YearNEW! Create 365 The Happy Planner – Classic 12 Month – Get FitErin Condren Deluxe Monthly Planner-Floral InkErin Condren 12 Month 2017 Lifeplanner, Blossom- Midnight Hourly, Neutral Interior (AMA-12M 2017 06)Erin Condren 12 Month 2017 Lifeplanner, Midcentury Circles-Colorful Hourly, Neutral Interior (AMA-12M 2017 12)
Leuchtturm1917 Medium Size Hardcover A5 Notebook – Dotted Pages – BlackLeuchtturm1917 Medium Size Hardcover A5 Notebook, Plain Pages, Emerald ColorLeuchtturm1917 Medium Size A5 Notebook, Squared Pages, NavyMoleskine Classic Notebook, Large, Squared, Black, Hard Cover (5 x 8.25) (Classic Notebooks)Moleskine Classic Notebook, Large, Plain, Black, Hard Cover (5 x 8.25) (Classic Notebooks)Moleskine Classic Colored Notebook, Large, Dotted, Underwater Blue, Soft Cover (5 x 8.25)
Canson Montval All Media Journal – All Media JournalRanger Dylusions Dyan Reaveley’s Creative Journal, 11.375 by 8.25-InchPentalic Art Traveler Pocket Journal Sketch Book, 8Strathmore Mixed Media Art Journal, 8.5 by 11-Inch, 64 Pages
I am not a digital planner girl but know quite a few friends who swear by it. They recommend Cozi and Asana. Jenn has started to use Asana to keep us organized for Planner Squad and gives it rave reviews. I Heart Planners has a great review of The Very Best Digital Planning Apps.
Based on the above information and resources (and your own experiences),
which planner would work best for you?