Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Planning on-the-go can be a fun way to bring your planning with you where ever you are. There are many reasons why a planner lover may end up planning on-the-go. In any case, your planning time does not need to be limited to the cozy confines of your couch.
Ideally, I love to snuggle up with a hot cup of tea and a warm blanket during my precious planning time. Surrounded by all of my planner goodies, I relax at the sight of my washi and pens. As a homeschool soccer mom of 5 boys, this idyllic scene is not always possible.
I have come to depend upon my planners. I need these sweet little beauties in my life to organize all the cray-cray up in this joint! My brain has been thanking me for dumping out all of my ideas, to-dos, and inspirations.
*In case you are wondering, I am up to 5 planners. I know-crazy for this gal who swore she would be a planner girl! Hey, I’m willing to admit when I have been wrong. I will be sharing how I use each of these-and find time to plan in each.
- Happy Planner
- Carpe Diem
- A2 Color Crush
- custom Funky Dori
Leuchtturm Medium Hardcover Lined Silver(a.k.a. my Silver Bullet)
If I know that I will have some time to kill, I will prepare ahead. Often, however, I find that I am struck with planning. blogging, homeschool, spiritual, or other brilliant inspiration when out and about. I find that always having at least a pencil and piece of paper is vital to reminding myself of such brilliance. (I say that with just a touch of sarcasm.)
Things To Consider When Preparing For Planning On-The-Go
- Type of Planner(s)–What sort of planners will you be planning with while out? A simple and functional bullet journal will typically require less than a glam planner.
- Where Will You Be–Sitting on cold, hard bleachers on a windy day is much different than sipping on a latte at your local java joint. If outdoors, think about the weather and environment. Pack your bag with the supplies you will need to stay comfortable.
- Storage Containers–You may feel compelled to pack 4 suitcases with washi, stickers, and clips. Don’t go there! Keep it manageable, light, waterproof, and durable.
Above all else, use your common sense. You do not want to be mourning the loss of one of your beloved planners or planner goodies.
Supplies For Planning On-The-Go
Stick to the basics. Keep it simple (only a few washi-not your entire collection!). Secure your pencils, pens, and clips to prevent breakage.
Here are a few tips to consider when planning on-the-go:
- Choose a theme ahead of time. Will you be planning out a week or month? If so, select a theme and only pack coordinated washi, stickers, clips, and other embellishments.
- Bring post-it notes. Use as reminders in case you forgot or couldn’t bring that specific supply.
- Remember index cards or scrap paper. Jot down your important dates, deadlines, and to-dos. You may find yourself distracted when on-the-go and it can be helpful to have this reference.
- Shop your stash! Dig through your storage. Like me, you may find several items that can be reused or upcycled for planning on-the-go.
- Put anything that can be damaged with water into plastic zipper bags. You just never know!
- If you just have to bring along some of your sticker sheets, use a binder with plastic page protectors.
I am very excited to share a few of the ways that I plan on-the-go. My absolutely favorite carrier is this Vera Bradley Tech Backpack. It is a bit larger but has plenty of room to fit several planners in the middle section. The front section has built-in pen/pencil holders and zippered pocket. The back part (where a laptop would typically fit) is my fav! I put my sticker binder in there where it fits like a charm.
Shop Vera Bradley!
I currently use an older Vera Bradley zippered makeup pouch to hold pens and pencils when on-the-go. I have their Impressionista pencil pouch on my ever-growing planner wishlist.
Another planning on-the-go storage case that has been greatly helpful when I want to transport stamps, punches, and ink pads is this tackle box. I found this gem at Walmart for under $3. I love personalizing it with stickers and how I can see through it to easily find what I need.
I hope that these tips help you with planning on-the-go? What tricks and tools do you use when you have to plan on-the-go?
Latest posts by Amy Milcic (see all)
- Free Printable School Planner Stickers You’ll Love - October 6, 2018
- Have Beachin’ Fun with Free Summer Printable Planner Stickers - June 15, 2018
- Free Weekly Planner Kit for Playful Fun with Mermaids - May 15, 2018